As many of you probably know, right now with Three if you’re a Pay-As-You-Go or Advanced plan customer you can use your phone abroad at no extra cost in 18 amazing destinations. And these destinations aren’t restricted to Europe. They include the USA, Australia and Hong Kong.
Now 18 is a pretty good number. But 42 sounds so much better doesn’t it? Well from September 42 is exactly what you’ll have. We’re adding a further 24 destinations to Feel At Home including Germany, Portugal and Greece **new destinations dance**. Check out the full list below.
So there’s not much longer to wait folks, soon you’ll be able to Instagram your bratwurst and snapchat the Acropolis. Epic #holidayspam awaits.
Why not turn the camera around this year though, selfies are so 2015! This year it’s all about the holiday frontie. For the uninitiated, that’s a normal, front facing photo. Yep, we say bring back the holiday frontie! A massive 68% of Brits say they can’t remember what they did on holiday because the only photos they have are of their faces, obscuring the famous landmarks and amazing scenery.
Even Joey Essex has had enough. The self confessed selfie addict has had an epiphany. He can’t even remember where he’s been on holiday, all he has is photos of his own face. He’s leading our cry to end the reign of the selfie. Check out his video…
To get you all started, we’re hosting a competition and giving away a holiday a day. If you’ve got a great holiday frontie, post it on any of our social channels (Twitter, Facebook or Instagram) using #holidayspam and if yours is the best that day, you could be in with a chance of winning. Tune in from Monday to find out where you could be jetting off to. So get snapping, and remember, frontie’s only! 😉
Competition Terms and Conditions
1. Promoter: The competition is organised by Hutchison 3G UK Limited trading as Three, Registered Office: Star House, 20 Grenfell Road, Maidenhead, Berks, SL6 1EH (“Three” or “we”). The Prizes (see 7 below) are administered and provided by LMnext UK Ltd who own www.lastminute.com.
2. Dates: The Competition opens on Thursday 11 August 2016 at 9:00BST and closes on Monday 22 August 2016 at 16.30 BST.
3. Eligibility: To be eligible to enter the competition, entrants must be a UK resident aged 18 years old or over (“Eligible Entrants”). Winners may be required to submit valid identification in order to receive a Prize. This competition is not open to employees of Three, its agents, contractors, consultants, or anyone professionally connected with the Competition (including LMnext UK Ltd).
4. Entry: Eligible Entrants may enter the competition via their own Facebook, Twitter or Instagram account by following the steps set out below. Failure to follow all the steps detailed will result in failure to enter the competition. Only one entry per Eligible Entrant per day will be considered by Three and entered into the competition. Your entry must not be a selfie. Entering an image taken as a selfie will not be considered an eligible entry.
a. Facebook entry: Post your best and most epic holiday image (remember, not a selfie!) together with the hashtag #holidayspam in the comment section on Three’s Facebook page at [https://www.facebook.com/ThreeUK/].
b. Twitter entry: Tweet your best and most epic holiday image (remember, not a selfie!) together with the hashtag #holidayspam and Three’s Twitter handle [@ThreeUK].
c. Instagram entry: Post your best and most epic holiday image (remember, not a selfie!) together with the hashtag #holidayspam via your own Instagram page ensuring to tag Three’s Instagram account [@ThreeUK].
5. Images: Entrants must ensure that images taken and submitted as an entry to the competition are taken from the entrant’s device and must not:
a. include images of people under the age of 18 or people over 18 who have not given their permission to the entrant to feature in their entry;
b. infringe any intellectual property rights of any third party (including copyright); or
c. contain nudity, or language or imagery that could be construed as harmful or offensive.
6. Disqualification: Three may, at its sole and absolute discretion, disqualify entries which do not comply with these terms and conditions, or are contrary to the spirit or intention of the competition and withdraw any Prize awarded.
7. Prizes: Each day for the duration of the Competition, Three will offer one chosen winner a package holiday for two people organised, followed by a period of a week where Three will offer one chosen winner £2000 of holiday vouhers. These will be administered and provided by LMnext UK Ltd via www.lastminute.com. Each day for the duration of the Competition, Three will advertise on its Facebook page [https://www.facebook.com/ThreeUK/], Twitter page [@ThreeUK] and Instagram page [@ThreeUK] details of the holiday package to be won that day, which will consist of:
a. Thursday 11 August 2016: outbound and return economy flights for two people from a UK airport to an airport in or accessible to Berlin and 2 nights in a hotel of Three’s choice in Berlin (one room only).
b. Friday 12 August 2016: outbound and return economy flights for two people from a UK airport to an airport in or accessible to Paris and 2 nights in a hotel of Three’s choice in Paris (one room only).
c. Saturday 13 August 2016: outbound and return economy flights for two people from a UK airport to an airport in or accessible to Lisbon and 2 nights in a hotel of Three’s choice in Lisbon (one room only).
d. Sunday 14 August 2016: outbound and return economy flights for two people from a UK airport to an airport in or accessible to New York and 2 nights in a hotel of Three’s choice in Manhattan (one room only).
e. Monday 15 August 2016: outbound and return economy flights for two people from a UK airport to an airport in or accessible to Ibiza and 2 nights in a hotel of Three’s choice in Ibiza (one room only).
f. Tuesday 16 August to Monday 22nd August: £2000 of holiday vouchers.
8. Selection of winners: Each day at 4.30pm the competition for that day will close. Entries received after this time will not be eligible. Each day at [5pm] the competition entries will be judged by a panel of judges at Three and the image considered most epic and original by the panel for that day will be selected as the winner of the Prize for that day. The decision of the panel of judges will be final and Three will not enter into any correspondence over the decision. Every day for the duration of the competition, Three will announce the winner of the Prize for that day and include his/her entry on its Facebook, Instagram and Twitter pages.
9. Contacting the winners: Reasonable efforts will be made by Three to contact the winner of the each Prize. If the winner of a Prize cannot be successfully contacted, does not claim the Prize within 24 hours of notification, or is unable to comply with these terms and conditions, Three reserves the right to offer the relevant Prize to another Eligible Entrant. Failure to respond or failure to meet the eligibility requirements may result in forfeiture of the Prize.
10. Winner contact information: By entering this competition, you accept and agree that, from time to time, your personal data, including your name and email address provided to Three will be shared with LMnext UK Ltd, who is responsible for delivering your Prize to you.
11. Redeeming your Prize: LMnext UK Ltd will contact winners as soon as possible with details on how the winner may redeem their Prize. Winners may redeem their Prize within 6 months of winning the Prize. Three cannot accept responsibility for LMnext UK Ltd, the redemption process, and/or the arrangements and fulfilment of the Prize, which is beyond Three’s control. The Prize may be subject to additional terms and conditions, including those of LMnext UK Ltd. Each winner agrees that the cost of, and the responsibility for, complying with such additional terms and conditions will be borne solely by them, and that all third party terms and conditions relating to, and delivery of, the Prizes are beyond Three’s control.
a. The Prizes do not include any other additional expenses including, for example, travel insurance, excess baggage charges, meals, transport to and from airports, Electronic System for Travel Authorisation (ESTA), spending money etc.
b. Travel arrangements for each winner of a Prize will be made by Three’s chosen partner, LMnext UK Ltd. The winners of a Prize must engage with LMnext UK Ltd in order to arrange the details of the Prize (including by providing all required information in order for the flights and accommodation for the winner and his/her chosen friend to be booked, and arranging how the Prize (or aspects of it) will be provided). Travel arrangements such as dates, times, outbound and return airports, hotels, hotel room types are beyond Three’s control. Three reserves the right to offer a Prize to another Eligible Entrant if a winner is unable to travel on the required dates or fails to engage and cooperate with LMnext UK Ltd to arrange the details of their Prize.
c. The Prizes are not transferable. No cash alternatives will be offered. Three reserves the right at any time to substitute an alternative prize of similar or greater value. Further, we reserve the right at any time to cancel, modify or supersede the competition (including altering the Prizes). No communications will be entered into by us regarding this.
d. This Competition is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
e. The winner of a Prize will cooperate with any reasonable requests made by Three relating to any post-winning promotional activity (including his/her first name and entry being used in any and all Three marketing activity across all media).
13. We cannot accept responsibility for entries lost, corrupted, or delayed in transmission.
14. Under no circumstances will Three (or its parent, subsidiaries and affiliated companies) be liable (unless such liability cannot be lawfully excluded) for any losses, damages, costs or expenses arising from or in any way connected with any errors, defects, interruptions, malfunctions or delays in the competition, redemption process, or the Prizes (or any aspects of them), and Three excludes liability, to the fullest extent permitted by law, for any loss or damage caused to a winner of a Prize, his/her companion, arising out of or connected to the Prize or this competition.
15. Entry into the competition signifies acceptance of these terms and conditions. We also reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time without notice. Any changes to the terms will be published at www.three.co.uk/terms. These terms are governed by English law.