We want to support students who are making mobile better.
As part of our campaign to #makeitright, we want to support students who are trying to make mobile better.
We will be selecting five students that we feel #makeitright and will be rewarding them each with £1,000
worth of devices.
What are we looking for?
Any project that looks at how we can improve mobile phones. From the devices themselves (e.g. battery power, phone glare to phone pimping) to the way we use them (e.g. new apps, better alarm clocks, selfie stick 2.0).
Are you a student who has a project related to making mobile better?
Fill out an application form here http://po.st/MIRstudents
Please note: all entrants must be over 18 and be studying or a recent graduate and be based in the UK.
We will get back to you if your application is successful.
What happens next?
We’ll be announcing the selected students over the next few months so keep an eye out on our social channels
to see the projects.
Wait, does this this mean Three own my project?
No, we’re just here to help you #makeitright! We’ll claim no copyright of your ideas.
Good luck! Three.
Terms and Conditions
Student #MakeItRight Terms and Conditions
1. The competition (“Competition”) promoter is Hutchison 3G UK Limited, Star House, 20 Grenfell Road, Maidenhead, Berks, SL6 1EH (“Three”).
2. The Competition will open at 3pm on 19th June 2015 and close at midnight on 19th July 2015 (“Competition Period”).
3. The Competition is free to enter and open to UK residents aged 18 or over who are registered full or part-time students of a recognised or listed higher learning institution (“Student”). Entries will be accepted from both individual Students and groups of Students working on one project. Proof of age and Student status may be required. Employees of Three or their families, its agents, contractors, consultants, or anyone professionally connected with the Competition and all affiliates of such companies may not enter the Competition. Three reserves the right to disqualify any entries which it deems, at its sole discretion, to contravene the spirit of the Competition and any funding, if awarded, must be returned immediately.
4. To qualify for entry, entrants must submit an application using the online competition application form available at the following address: http://po.st/MIRstudents during the Competition Period. The entrant’s submission must meet the brief set and not contain any content: i) which is of such a nature that it is likely to bring Three into disrepute; ii) which may be deemed offensive or unlawful; iii) which is or is likely to be libellous, defamatory or malicious; iv) the provision of which is or may be a criminal offence or; v) which infringes or may infringe any third party intellectual property rights (“Qualifying Entry”). Incomplete entries and entries that do not satisfy the requirements of entry will be disqualified and will not be counted.
5. Five winners will be selected on or around 24th July 2015 (“Winner”). A panel of judges from Three will select the Winners from amongst the Qualifying Entries based on the entries which, in the opinion and sole discretion of the judges, best meet the brief set. The judges’ decision is final and binding in all respects on all entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
6. Each Winner will receive up to £1,000 of funding for the purchase of the equipment identified in their Qualifying Entry (“Award”). For the purpose of this Competition “equipment” means tangible assets. The Award will not be paid to the Winner in cash. Three (or a contractor or partner selected by Three) will procure the equipment on behalf of the Winner. The Winner agrees to fully co-operate with Three (or a contractor or partner selected by Three) by supplying any purchase orders, invoices or other reasonable information requested in order to facilitate the purchase of the equipment. The equipment will be supplied to the Winner within around 28 days from the date on which Three notifies the Winner pursuant to Clause 7 below. The Award will be used exclusively for the purpose of developing the project described in the Qualifying Entry. The grant of the Award does not constitute a contract for the supply of services.
7. Three will notify the Winners using the email address provided in their Qualifying Entry within 7 days from the end of the Competition Period (‘Notification’). Should Three be unable to contact the Winner by 31st July 2015 the Winner will forfeit the Award. Three reserves the right to give the Award to another entrant drawn in accordance with these terms and conditions. Three’s decision is final and binding in all respects on all entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
8. The Winners may be required to submit valid identification and proof of Student status before receiving the Award.
9. Details of the Winners’ names and counties will be available for one month after the close of the Competition by writing to Three at the address set out in clause 1 above, stating the name and closing date of the Competition.
10. The Award is not transferable, non-refundable and no cash alternative will be offered. Three reserves the right at any time to cancel, modify or supersede the Competition draw (including altering the Award).
11. By entering the Competition, all entrants warrant and undertake that they are the legal and beneficial owner of all intellectual property rights in their entry (including all text submitted by the entrant as part of the entry process) and that their entry is their own original work and does not infringe any third party rights.
12. By entering the Competition, all entrants warrant that their entry does not infringe English law.
13. By entering the Competition, all entrants agree that any entry they submit may be used by Three and their selected sub-licensees for Three’s marketing and promotional purposes in perpetuity, throughout the world in any and all media whether now known or hereafter invented without further remuneration (“Permitted Purposes”).
14. By entering the Competition all entrants waive and agree not to assert (and warrant that all individuals featured have waived and agreed not to assert) any moral rights in and in connection with the entry.
15. The Winners agree to provide Three with two progress reports (“Report”). The date for submission of each Report and the content required in each Report will be agreed between Three and the Winner within 14 days of the Notification. The Winners also agree to fully co-operate with any other reasonable reporting requests from Three. Failure to provide the Reports by the deadlines agreed may lead to Three taking recovery action if the Winner cannot demonstrate that the Award was used for its intended purpose.
16. The Winners agree to allow Three to use their name and general location, the contents of their Qualifying Entry and the information contained in the Reports for advertising and publicity purposes without additional remuneration.
17. Please note that the Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Twitter or Facebook. By entering the Competition, you acknowledge that Twitter and Facebook bear no responsibility for the Competition and you release Twitter and Facebook (as appropriate) from any liability whatsoever in connection with the Competition.
19. Under no circumstances will Three (or its parent, subsidiaries and affiliated companies) be liable (except in the case of death or personal injury arising from its negligence or in respect of fraud) for any losses, damages, costs or expenses arising from or in any way connected with any errors, defects, interruptions, malfunctions or delays in the Competition or for any prize connected with the Competition and liability is excluded, to the fullest extent permitted by law, for any loss or damage caused to the Winner and/or related parties arising out of or in connection with the Award.
20. Entry of the Competition signifies your acceptance of these terms. Three reserves the right to amend the Competition terms at any time. These terms will be governed by English law and you irrevocably agree that the Courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with the Competition.